1. From where did all the children of Israel journey? (verse 1)
A. Wilderness of sin.
B. Wilderness of Rephidim.
C. Wilderness of Massah.
2. Where did all the children of Israel pitch after they journeyed from the wilderness of Sin? (verse 1)
3. What did they not have in Rephidim where they pitched? (verse 1)
A. Manna for the people to eat.
B. Water for the people to bathe in.
C. Water for the people to drink.
4. What did the people do because they had no water to drink? (verse 2)
A. Chide with Moses.
B. Murmured with Aaron.
C. Chide with God.
5. When the people did chide with Moses, what did the say? (verse 2)
A. Give us water that we may bathe.
B. Give us manna that we may not die.
C. Give us water that we may drink.
6. What did Moses say unto them? (verse 2)
A. Why argue you with me?
B. Why chide ye with me?
C. Why chide ye with God?
7. Continuing in verse 2, Moses asks… (verse 2)
A. Wherefore do ye tempt the Lord?
B. Wherefore do ye tempt the God of Israel?
C. Wherefore do ye tempt Aaron and the Elders?
8. In verse 3, what did the people do after they chided with Moses in verse 2? (verse 3)
A. Hungered therefore for manna and they complained against Aaron.
B. Thirsted therefore for the fruit of the vine.
C. Thirsted therefore for water and the people murmured against Moses.
9. What did the people who thirsted and murmured against Moses say? (verse 3)
A. Wherefore is this that thou hast brought us up out of Pharaoh’s land to kill us and our families and our cattle with thirst?
B. Wherefore is this that thou hast brought us up out of Egypt to kill us and our children and our cattle with thirst?
C. Wherefore is it that thou hast brought us up out of Egypt to kill us and our children and our cattle with hunger.
10. Moses cried unto the Lord saying: (verse 4)
A. What shall I do unto this people?
B. What shall I say unto this people?
C. What shall do unto the Elders of this people?
11 Moses fearing the people, he cried unto the Lord saying… (verse 4)
A. They are ready to stone Aaron.
B. They be almost ready to stone me.
C. They be almost ready to whip me.
12. What did the Lord say unto Moses to do? (verse 5)
A. Go on before the people and take with thee the children of Israel and thy wife and sons.
B. Go on before the people and take with thee of the elders of Israel and thy staff.
C. Go on before the people and take with thee of the elders of Israel and thy rod.
13. God told Moses to take with him of the elders of Israel and thy rod… (verse 5)
A. Wherewith thou smotest the rock, take in thine hand and go.
B. Wherewith thou smotest the river, take in thine hand and go.
C. Wherewith thou smotest the rock, take in thine wagon and go.
14. God tells Moses, behold I will stand before thee there… (verse 6)
A. Upon the mount in Horeb.
B. Upon the rock in Horeb.
C. Upon the sand in Egypt.
15. What did God tell Moses to smite? (verse 6)
A. The boulder.
B. The rock.
C. The river.
16. God tells Moses that when Moses shalt smite the rock, what shall come out of it? (verse 6)
A. A spring of water.
B. Mineral water.
17. For what purpose did the water come out of the rock? (verse 6)
A. That the children of Israel may drink.
B. That the people may drink.
C. That the people may wash themselves and their dirty clothes.
18. In whose sight did Moses smite the rock? (verse 6)
A. The elders of Israel.
B. The children of Israel.
C. The enemies of Israel.
19. What did Moses call the place that he smote the rock? (verse 7)
A. Massah and Meribah
B. Martha and Mary
C. Mount Horeb
20. Why did Moses call the place Massah and Meribah? (verse 7)
A. Because of the chiding of the children of Israel.
B. Because of the murmuring of the children of Israel.
C. Because of the chiding of the elders of Israel.
21. The place that Moses smote the rock, he called Massah and Meribah because the children of Israel chided and tempted the Lord by saying? (verse 7)
A. Is God the Lord of heaven among us or not?
B. Is the Lord among us or not?
C. Is the Lord of the Hebrews among us or not?
22. What people came and fought with Israel in Rephidim? (verse 8)
C. The Jebusites.
23. In verse 9, what did Moses instruct Joshua to do? (verse 9)
A. Choose out men to go out to war and fight with Amalek.
B. Choose us out men, and go out, fight with Amalek.
C. Choose us out men well trained in war to fight with Amalek.
24. What did Moses tell Joshua he would do tomorrow? (verse 9)
A. I will stand on the top of the hill with the staff of the Lord in my hand.
B. I will stand on the top of Mt Horeb.
C. I will stand on the top of the hill with the rod of God in mine hand.
25. Who did what Moses had said and fought with Amalek. (verse 10)
26. In verse 10, who went up to the top of the hill? (verse 10)
A. Moses, Aaron and Caleb.
B. Moses, Aaron and Jethro.
C. Moses, Aaron and Hur.
27. When did Joshua and the Israelites prevail. (verse 11)
A. When Moses held up his hand.
B. When Moses held up the rod.
C. When Hur helped Moses hold up his hands.
28. When did Amalek prevail? (verse 11)
A. When Moses let down the rod in his hands.
B. When he let down his hand,
C. When Hur let down Moses’ hands.
29. Whose hands were heavy during the war with Amalek? (verse 12)
30. What did Aaron and Hur do to help Moses stay up his hands? (verse 12)
A. They took a boulder and put it under Moses and he sat on it.
B. They took a stone and put it under Moses and he sat thereon.
C. They took a tree branch and had Moses sit on it.
31. Until what time did Aaron and Hur stay up Moses’ hands, the one on the one side, and the other on the other side; and his hands were steady? (verse 12)
A. The going down of the sun.
C. The moon’s rising.
32. How did Joshua discomfit Amalek and his people? (verse 13)
A. With sword and spear.
B. With his trusty rifle.
C. With the edge of the sword.
33. In verse 14, what was the Lord’s instruction to Moses? (verse 14)
A. Write this for a remembrance in the scrolls.
B. Write this for a memorial in a book.
C. Write this for a memorial in a book for the future generations of the children of Israel.
34. In whose ears was Moses to rehearse it in? (verse 14)
35. Who would the Lord utterly put out the remembrance of from under the heaven? (verse 14)
A. The Egyptians.
36. In verse15, who built an altar? (verse 15)
37. What was the name of the altar that Moses built? (verse 15)
38. In verse 16, who will the Lord have war with from generation to generation? (verse 16)
A. The Ammonites.
39. Why did Moses name the alter Jehovahnissi? (verses 15-16)
A. Because the Lord had sworn that the Lord will have war with the Egyptians from generation to generation.
B. Because the Lord had sworn that the Lord will have warfare with Amalek from generation to generation
C. Because the Lord had sworn that the Lord will have war with Amalek from generation to generation.